Books Delivered to Your Door
If you live in North Lanarkshire but have difficulty getting out and about to use your local library or mobile library, then the free Home Delivery service could be for you. This service is available to all ages as well as those who have caring responsibilities. This service can also be offered on a temporary basis e.g. if you have just had an operation or accident. You also don’t need to be a current library member, we can take care of that for you.
We can deliver:
- Standard print books for adults and children, fiction and non-fiction.
- Talking books (on CD and MP3).
- Large print books.
For our Home Delivery customers, we can also deliver hearing aid batteries when delivering books.
Ready to Apply?
If you feel that you or someone you know may benefit from registering for this service please complete the form below and a member of the Outreach Services team will be in touch.
Alternatively contact us:
- By letter to Outreach Services, Firpark High School, Firpark Street, Motherwell, ML1 2PR.
- By telephone on 01698 524790.
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By chatting to staff in your local library or mobile library.
What happens next?
After receiving your application, we will call the new customer for a telephone assessment. This is to help discover your needs and the types of items you would be interested in borrowing and the best format for you.
When your requirements are established we will:
- Select items to match your needs.
- Deliver them to your door regularly.
- Ensure our staff carry ID badges.
- Collect items for return regularly.
You can even request specific items and we will do our best to get them for you as quickly as possible.
Priority will be made for those who are unable to leave their homes and do not have anyone who can go to a library for them.